Odd Thought: Is American Idol Contestant, Paul McDonald, Really Yes Lead Man, Jon Anderson?

A lot of friends have commented that American Idol contestant Paul McDonald sounds like Rod Stewart and I agree:  he does sound somewhat like Rod Stewart.  I happened upon this Hulu Yes Unplugged video and realize that McDonald is much more like Yes lead singer Jon Anderson.  If you are a Yes fan you or if you are just a fan of really good musicians playing complicated stuff, you will want to watch the about 30 minute Yes Unplugged video.  If neither of those appeal to you, at least watch until Anderson sings the first song and then think about it the next time you watch McDonald sing on American Idol.  In my opinion, the resemblance is uncanny.


At first, I was thinking about giving an Odd News Award to Yes for unplugging because let's face it, Yes for many has been defined by their electronic sound.  I did not realize how really good these guys were as musicians.  The Odd News Award, however, is shared by both Yes and AI contestant Paul McDonald because while I was watching the Yes unplugged show, I kept imagining that Jon Anderson and Paul McDonald were somehow closely related, if not the same person.  Maybe the two men have a closer genetic match than most people.  Who knows?   Hope you enjoy the Hulu video as much as I did.






  

Odd News - UPI.com

Yahoo! News: Odd News

News: Offbeat - AFP

The Smoking Gun RSS

The Huffington Post | The Full Feed